Programmatic Platform Manager
New York, NY
Posted May 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 103339
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, television, radio, print and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The Bloomberg Programmatic Platform Manager will take on an exciting role within our fast moving advertising operations organization, focusing on Connected TV (CTV)/Over-The-Top (OTT). Success will be defined by leveraging synergies between teams, partnering cross-functionally with sales, planning, pricing & inventory, product management, business development, and the broader ad operations team to drive client performance and revenue. You will have the opportunity to own key aspects of programmatic campaigns including activation, yield management, reporting, revenue growth, and upselling.
A qualified candidate will have the opportunity to use their unique blend of technical aptitude, analytical mindset, entrepreneurial skills and creative problem solving to bring programmatic media solutions to life and ensure client success.
In their day to day role, this individual works across all programmatic deal types to establish deals, troubleshoot problems, optimize campaign delivery and report results for client advertising on Bloomberg’s digital owned & operated and off-platform properties.
As a programmatic subject matter expert in support of Bloomberg Media, you will provide insights on product offerings, deal structure and general programmatic education. You will have a deep understanding and expertise on programmatic products, platform capabilities and limitations. You will use that knowledge base in combination with industry trends and data analysis to increase programmatic revenue and support Bloomberg's programmatic strategy and vision.
This is an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurial person with an eye for growth to own operations and use the power of data to drive revenue generating recommendations, tactics and strategies across programmatic lines of business.
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Act as the primary liaison for our internal sales team and external buyers/agencies when deal requests are submitted via SSPs, DSPs, ATDs, for all programmatic deal types
- Serve as a CTV/OTT thought-leader for our ad operations team, drawing heavily on a strong pulse on the industry and command of our metrics and goals
- Create strong connections with our product, business development, and licensing/distribution teams, to activate CTV/OTT programmatic opportunities, establishing and actively measuring metrics of success
- Independently manage pre-sale Programmatic Guaranteed (PG)/Private Marketplace (PMP) deal set up, mid-campaign optimizations and post sales opportunity reports, providing feedback to our internal sales team and external buyers/agencies
- Interface with buyers/agencies to resolve issues related to PG/PMP deals, with the ability to determine the root cause of the issue and recommend actionable next steps
- Optimize performance, price points and technical set up to drive yield across campaigns and SSPs to ensure full delivery and maximize creative engagement
- Analyze programmatic data to provide insights and optimizations across all platforms, products, ad types and buyers
- Provide best-in-class customer service for internal partners and external buyers/agencies, working consultatively to foster understanding and adoption of industry best practices
- Collaborate with sales, ad product, ad performance and planning teams to understand client KPIs and how we can leverage Bloomberg assets to drive success
- Attend client meetings with our sales team as a key resource for programmatic and technical capabilities
- Lead workflow and communication with cross-functional partners internally and externally to ensure deadlines are met and campaigns have successful outcomes, including for custom ad experiences
- QA campaign creative for spec compliance and proper functionality
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in programmatic operations, preferably on the buy-side
- Expertise in open exchange RTB environments, programmatic guaranteed, preferred deals, private auctions, ad networks and other demand partners
- Solid experience with DSPs and/or publisher side ad technology platforms (Google AdX, header bidding, mobile app and video SSPs)
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager as well as with third party ad servers (DV360, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc) and ad-verification vendors (Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, MOAT, etc)
- A thorough understanding of advertising performance metrics
- Articulate and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including sales and buyers, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong negotiation skills to proactively scale revenue opportunities
- Attention to detail and ownership of tasks, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a global organization
- Natural ability to problem solve, with superior time management skills to ensure we are effectively managing requests and deadlines both internally and externally
You'll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.